You are here
Star® Roses and Plants seeks motivated, energetic, results-oriented people to join our team. We offer an excellent salary and benefit package, including a 401(k) plan. Grow your future with us!
Plant Health Technician
Star® Roses and Plants is seeking a Plant Health Technician who will perform a variety of operational functions to ensure the effective operation of the IPM Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Plant Health Technician will have the following primary responsibilities:
● Assists in the execution of chemical applications in the greenhouse and in the fields.
● On a daily basis, performs irrigation tasks in all growing zones, including the display gardens, E-range and container pads.
● Mixes and applies chemicals and fertilizers.
● Applies beneficials, including nematode drenches, as part of the Company's Integrated Pest Management Program.
● Collects, documents and sends test samples to diagnostic labs as needed. Maintains records of samples shipped and test results.
● Operates trucks, tractors, forklifts and other field equipment.
● Performs additional duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● A high school diploma or equivalent
● Prefer horticultural experience
Outside work, which includes work in the greenhouse and in the fields.
Outside – Greenhouse & Fields
- While performing outside work, the employee is required to continually stand. The employee is required to frequently walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and talk. On an intermittent basis, the employee is required to sit, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, hear and smell. A good sense of smell is required for chemical applications.
- The employee must have the ability to frequently lift up to 10 pounds, and to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. On an intermittent basis, the employee is required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- While performing duties, the employee may be exposed to temperature extremes, humidity, and to toxic material, including while making chemical applications, as well as various weather conditions, such as wind and rain.
- Normal vision requirements.
● Must be able to work evenings and weekends
● Must have the ability to spray chemicals, including operating a sprayer and handling chemicals in a safe manner.
All communication and inquiries should be directed to our Human Resources Department:
Star Roses & Plants/Conard-Pyle
Attn: Lori Burkhard
25 Lewis Road
West Grove, PA 19390
Phone: 610-869-2426 Ext. 243