You are here
Fall Planting with Knock Out® and Drift® Roses
Fall is not just a time to plant your spring bulbs and enjoy colorful foliage, it is also an excellent time to plant roses. The Knock Out® Family of Roses and Drift® Roses are perfect for fall planting. The sun is still able to nurture a newly planted rose and the cool nights are perfect for keeping new plants moist.
Here are a few tips on planting your roses this fall:
- Pick a sunny spot. Knock Out® and Drift® Roses need at least 6-8 hours of sun each day.
- Dig a hole that is about twice as wide as the pot, and a little bit deeper than the height of the pot.
- Remove the rose from its pot and use your hands to gently loosen the roots before putting the rose in the hole and filling in with dirt.
- Add soil back to the hole around the plant.
- Water your roses thoroughly around the base of the plant allowing it to soak in and repeating as necessary. About one to two gallons per plant is good.
- Check in. For the next couple of weeks, check in and water plant as needed to ensure it stays healthy. Mulch around plant to help retain moisture and reduce weeds.
For more planting tips and tricks, visit our how-to page.